3.5 Tonne Driver Vacancy
We are pleased to be able to offer this full-time vacancy for a Driver/Yard Operative is based at our depot in Harvey Road, Burnt Mills, Basildon.
The successful applicant will report to the Yard Foreman.
Duties will include:
- Delivering and collecting chemical toilets, fencing and other company assets to our customer’s sites located in London and the South East of England on a 3.5 tonne vehicle
- Towing mobile (trailers) welfare units, offices and toilets up to 3.5 tonne to and from our customer’s sites
- Loading and unloading the vehicle manually and with the aid of a forklift if the appropriate forklift licence is held
- Working occasional out of hours overtime when the need arises
- Carry out vocational training associated with the above vehicle when required
- When no driving work is required, working in the yard and assisting with the preparation and cleaning for hire of site accommodation and toilet units
- Keeping your vehicle, yard and workshop areas clean and tidy
Requirements for the job are listed below:-
(Training will be given in some of the following areas if not experienced)
- Must be generally fit and active, of tidy appearance, and be number literate
- Hold a clean driving licence. Being legally able to drive up to 7.5 tonne GVW would be an advantage
- Knowledge of local and London areas, (multi-drop experience an advantage)
- B +E entitlement towing experience would be an advantage but not essential as training will be given
- Driver CPC Qualification and Card. Requirement to attend annual Driver CPC Training on one Saturday annually
- Willing to participate in overtime as and when required
- Good customer service skills and a positive can-do attitude
- Hours of work are 7.00 am to 5.00 pm with half an hour lunch break
- Overtime rate of time and a half is paid for hours worked above 8-hours each day.
- The hourly rate will be from £10.18 per hour (normal working week = £521.73 gross). A higher rate will be paid when driving 7.5 Tonne or toilet pumping vehicles
- 20-days holiday per year. Up to 5-days to be taken over the Christmas period
- Company sick pay scheme in operation after one years’ employment
- Company uniform and protective clothing will be provided. Candidates will provide their own safety boots
- Company pension scheme available
THE COMPANY OPERATES A NO SMOKING POLICY
Rawley Plant Limited
Burnt Mills Industrial Estate
For further information or if you have any questions please contact Marie Barrett on 01268 722319.